GroupDocs Comparison is a document comparison tool that permits you to compare documents online. This feature is not available in Google Drive, which means that Google Driver users miss an effective branch of document management. Our efficient document comparison tool combines two documents and highlights the difference in their text. Export the compared document as a Word DOC with track changes on and edit it offline.
Document comparison is useful only if you consolidate the differences. During document comparison, the GroupDocs Comparison generates a redline and blueline view of how the documents differ. The GroupDocs comparison highlights differences in red and blue: red strike-outs show deleted text and formatting. Blue underlines and text show added text and formatting. If you are a Microsoft Word user, you are probably familiar with the redline view: it is how Microsoft Word tracks changes.
GroupDocs Comparison is mainly used to compare a Word DOC with another Word DOC. We also support PPTX, PDF, and Excel comparison, but they are still in beta stage.
Why you need to compare documents using GroupDocs Comparison?
With numerous collaborators performing modifications and revisions, maintaining an audit trail of document versions is difficult. Document comparison is especially useful when managing document revisions over time, specifically if modifications were made without change tracking. GroupDocs Comparison is an effective document comparison tool that helps you correctly match and compare documents. It saves your time and effort. Compare documents for variation, timetable, authorship, and also for security compliance.
Some benefits of document comparison using the GroupDocs Comparison are:
- Avoid the time consuming cut-and-paste and merge method.
- Compare documents in any language and of any size.
- Compare documents to determine the latest version. This let you remove obsolete documents from your system.
- Experience speedy, accurate comparisons without going through the entire document yourself. Simply upload the documents you want to compare and click Compare. GroupDocs Comparison does the rest.
- Save time and improve accuracy. Manual comparison takes time and leaves your comparison process prone to pricey errors and oversights.
- Protect your documents from unauthorized modifications. GroupDocs Comparison helps you see what's been added, edited or deleted. This way, you can instantly spot and clear any unauthorized changes.
Finalise the document faster by working online
Instead of downloading the compared document to decline or accept changes, do it directly in GroupDocs Comparison. This helps you to finalise the document quicker as you have the option to do majority of the work online.