We are excited to introduce the efficient GroupDocs Viewer block for Moodle CMS. With this block installed, you can embed GroupDocs' high-fidelity online document viewer and documents to Moodle webpages. Visitors to Moodle websites can now easily view documents online using their browser. There is no need to install any additional conversion software to upload and render documents of different file formats; simply install this plugin, embed documents, click and read... It's done!
GroupDocs Viewer is an efficient and intuitive app. It perfectly renders the document, retaining layout, style, and formatting. You can view the uploaded documents as an exact copy of the original. GroupDocs' online document viewer lets you search for text in a document, copy text to clipboard, quickly navigate between pages using thumbnail preview, and so on. On top of that, it lets you view PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS and many other documents in your browser. For this, you don't have to install the software that these documents were created in. This flexibility makes this all-in-one viewer an online:
- PDF viewer
- Word viewer (DOC, DOCX, TXT, RTF, ODT)
- PowerPoint viewer (PPT, PPTX)
- Spreadsheet viewer (XLS, XLSX)
- Image file viewer (JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF)
Follow the steps given below to install this block:
- Download the groupdocs block and unzip it.
- Copy the block folder and paste it to the /blocks folder in your Moodle server.
- Log in to Moodle's admin panel and install the plugin in the Notifications area.
After the installation, you can embed documents to Moodle pages using three different methods:
- Browse and embed: browse and embed your preferred GroupDocs document from within the Moodle editor. You need to configure GroupDocs API Keys in Moodle to use this method.
- File ID insertion: embed documents by pasting a file ID/GUID into the File ID field.
- File upload: upload a new document and then embed it to the Moodle page.
One of the drawbacks of Moodle CMS is that it doesn’t allow the embedded document to be displayed at the center of the page. By default, it appears either to the left or right, which restricts proper view of embedded documents. To overcome this, we’ve introduced several fixes for different Moodle versions. These fixes help you view documents online in the way you prefer. For more information, please refer to our in-depth help documentation: Integrating GroupDocs Viewer Plugin with Moodle.
GroupDocs Viewer's main benefit is that it's platform and software independent. This helps you tackle cross-platform and cross-version compatibility issues. Now, you don't have worry about what operating system or programs your colleagues use before sharing documents with them. Simply embed and use this efficient online document viewer as a PDF viewer, Word viewer, Excel viewer, amongst many others. This unique feature makes GroupDocs Viewer a perfect choice for all industries, such as government, healthcare, educational institutions, business, and so on.
We're open to your valuable feedback and suggestions. Please talk to us using our Live Chat support or official feedback forum. Stay connected with our blog and newsletter to get updates regarding all GroupDocs enhancements.