Today we’re pleased to announce the release of a new version of the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library – 2.13.0. In this release we improved handling of documents in the OpenDocument formats. These include spreadsheets (ODS), word processing files (ODT) and presentations (ODP) when they are displayed using the HTML-based rendering mode.
We also added a new customDocumentCss parameter for the div.gdvimg tag, which allows you to configure image styles (CSS), such as centering against the widget window, or adding image borders, when displaying TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF or BMP files using the HTML-based rendering mode. For more details on this parameter, please see this page.
Other improvements include increased overall performance of the viewer and improved structure, which prevents any possible conflicts with external libraries. For more details on the updates and bug fixes implemented in this release, as well as to download the latest version of the library, please go to this page. Alternatively, you can download the library from the Maven repository.
For more details on GroupDocs.Viewer for Java, its key features and supported file types, please go to its homepage. In addition, you can use our support forum to ask any questions about the library or this particular release.
GroupDocs.Annotation is a web-based application that enables end users to collaboratively annotate common document and image types online using any standard web-browser. GroupDocs.Annotation can be potentially integrated into any 3rd party web-based application or website. Specifically for PimCore developers and site owners we’ve developed a series of plugins that make the integration process a breeze. Below are the key features and benefits you get when integrating GroupDocs.Annotation into your website:
1. An embeddable web-based interface. GroupDocs.Annotation comes with a convenient document annotation interface that can be easily customized with your own CSS and embedded to any web-page using iframes. The interface provides a comprehensive set of annotation tools that allow end users to easily review and annotate documents directly on your web-site. In particular, users can flawlessly navigate large multi-page documents, quickly jump to a specified page, preview document pages with thumbnails, search for text within documents using keywords, add sticky notes, highlight text with underlines/strikethroughs, draw freehand lines and rectangles, drop arrows, comment on selected text and images, etc.
2. Multiple file formats support. Thanks to support for over 50 file formats, GroupDocs.Annotation enables end users to annotate virtually any document, image or drawing. To name a few, supported file types include: PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Visio, CAD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP and many more.
3. Cross-platform compatibility. Documents embedded to your website can be reviewed and annotated from any web-enabled device with a standard web-browser. You don’t have to worry about whether end users have the software required to open and edit a document.
4. Collaborative annotation sessions. GroupDocs.Annotation allows multiple users to annotate the same document simultaneously. Users can invite colleagues, partners and customers to review a document during a shared online session, see each other’s’ comments and reply to them in real-time.
5. Flexible deployment options. Finally, there are several deployment options you can choose from depending on your preferences. GroupDocs.Annotation is available as a downloadable .NET or Java library for on-premises deployment. These options allow you to host the application along with documents locally using your own infrastructure. We also offer GroupDocs.Annotation as an on-demand cloud-based service, which is hosted using secure Amazon EC2 infrastructure. For each of the deployment options we’ve developed individual plugins to make it easy to integrate GroupDocs.Annotation into your PimCore website.
For more details on GroupDocs.Annotation, supported file formats and deployment options, please see this page. For more details on the plugins, please visit the official PimCore marketplace:
Two months ago we presented a new feature called InstanceID in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET for the first time. In short, InstanceID allows you to configure several simultaneous instances of GroupDocs.Viewer associated with different independent root storage paths. Since that time, we’ve received a lot of feedback on the feature and this time would like to clarify how you can benefit from InstqanceID and how to configure it correctly in more details.
Those of you who are familiar with GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET probably already know that in order to configure the viewer, a root storage path must be specified via the Groupdocs.Web.UI.Viewer.SetRootStoragePath method. The files you want to display to end users must be placed within the root storage path or its subfolders. All temporary files along with log files are also stored in dedicated subfolders within the root storage folder.
Now, there is a File Explorer option available for end users via the viewer’s widget. When enabled, this option allows users to browse through the local file storage, select documents and view them using the viewer. The file storage can be the root storage folder and its subfolders. In other words, when the File Explorer option is enabled, end users can potentially browse through the entire root storage folder and access all files, including temporary and log files, via the viewer.
And here is where the problem arises. There may be cases when end users need to be able to browse through and select documents on their own, but their access rights must be restricted to a specific folder. Or, for example, there may be several different user groups each having access to different files storages. This is where InstanceID can be of great help. It allows you to configure multiple simultaneous root storage folders, absolutely independent one from another, and then assign them to different users or user groups.
Recently we’ve prepared a detailed guide on how to configure and use InstanceID properly and are welcoming everyone who is interested in this feature to read it here.
We are pleased to announce the release of a new plugin that allows WordPress developers and website owners to easily integrate GroupDocs.Viewer for Java into their websites. This is a third plugin in a series of GroupDocs.Viewer plugins for WordPress. Depending on your deployment preferences, you can now choose between 3 versions of the viewer: a cloud-based integration, a downloadable .NET library, or downloadable Java library for on-premises deployment. All three versions have been approved by the WordPress admins and are officially published on the WordPress marketplace.
Regardless of the deployment option you choose, GroupDocs.Viewer provides you with the following benefits:
- Support for more than 50 common document types. To name just a few, GroupDocs.Viewer allows you to display PDF and Microsoft Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, Outlook messages, Visio diagrams, CAD drawings and many more, all on any page within your WordPress website.
- Cross-platform compatibility. GroupDocs.Viewer doesn’t require any software or plugin installation on end-users machines and works across devices that have any standard web-browser, including Internet Explorer 8+, Safari 5+, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
- Embeddable widget for flawless online document reading. GroupDocs.Viewer comes with an out-of-the-box UI that can be easily customized with your own CSS and embedded to a web page as a document viewing widget. The UI allows end users to seamlessly navigate large multi-page documents directly on your website. In particular, users can turn pages like slides, preview pages with thumbnails, jump straight to a specified page, search for text within embedded documents using keywords, zoom in/out of a document or fit width/height, etc.
- Secure document sharing. Thanks to the in-built DRM (Digital Rights Management) feature, you can prevent documents embedded to your WordPress website from being copied by end users. The feature allows you to disable the print, download and text copy options for all or specific documents, so that they are displayed in a read-only mode. More than that, GroupDocs.Viewer allows you to display watermarks over the embedded documents to protect them against screen-grabbing.
For more details on GroupDocs.Viewer, supported document types and deployment options, please see this page. The WordPress plugins which allow you to seamlessly integrate the viewer into your website can be downloaded from the official WordPress marketplace:
Dear GroupDocs customers,
To ensure that our Cloud services continue to run smoothly, we are going to have some scheduled maintenance on Sunday, the 2nd of August, 2015. This maintenance is going to be held between 07:00am – 07:30am GMT.
Please note that the GroupDocs for Cloud API and GroupDocs for Cloud Apps services will be unavailable during this period. We are expecting that downtime will be no more than 30 minutes.
We tried to schedule the downtime during this period to minimize disruption to our customers as much as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the downtime.
The GroupDocs Team
Added support for new formats in GroupDocs.Conversion for Java library – PDF to HTML, Word to HTML and more
We’re pleased to announce the release of a new version of GroupDocs.Conversion for Java library – 1.2.0. In this release we’ve implemented three major updates. Probably the most interesting among them - is the ability to convert all supported file formats to HTML (including PDF to HTML, Microsoft Word to HTML and many more). We also added support for Microsoft Word bookmarks and the ability to convert and merge several documents into one PDF file.
Convert PDF and Microsoft Office Documents to HTML
With this feature, you can now convert files of any format supported by GroupDocs.Conversion for Java to HTML. To name just a few, the library allows you to convert:
- PDF to HTML
- Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX) to HTML
- Microsoft Excel (XLS, XLSX) to HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX) to HTML
- Microsoft Outlook (MSG, EML) to HTML
- Microsoft Project (MPP, MPT) to HTML
- Microsoft Visio (VSD, VSDX) to HTML
- OpenDocument (ODT, ODS, OTT) to HTML
Source documents can be obtained either from files or from streams. And in the output you can also get either a complete web-page saved in a file (HTML + CSS + images) or send converted data (texts, images, fonts and other document elements) to streams.
Documents can be converted one-by-one on-demand or in batch. You can configure the library to convert one specific page within a document to HTML, all document pages to equivalent number of individual HTMLs (page-by-page), or all document pages to one single HTML file.
For more details on these and other GroupDocs.Conversion for Java features and supported file formats, please visit its homepage. If you have any question about the library, please see documentation, or make a request in our support forum.
GroupDocs.Viewer is a multi-format HTML5-based document viewer designed as a middleware to let developers on different platforms seamlessly integrate it into their own web-based applications, websites, or 3rd party services. GroupDocs.Viewer enables end users to view literally all common business document and image types using only a web-browser. To name just a few, supported file types include: PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, OpenDocument, Visio, CAD, multi-page TIFF and many more.
Thanks to add-ons developed by the GroupDocs Marketplace team, Concrete5 developers and website administrators can now seamlessly integrate GroupDocs.Viewer into their websites. Depending on your deployment preferences, you can choose between three different GroupDocs.Viewer versions: a downloadable .NET or Java library and a cloud-based REST API. The first two versions allow on-premises deployment, while the third one is an on-demand cloud service.
Regardless of the deployment option you choose, GroupDocs’ HTML5 document viewer provides you with the following benefits:
- Support for 50+ document and image types, including PDF and Microsoft Office.
- Cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility. End user can view documents from any web-enabled device using any HTML5-compliant web-browser.
- No need to install any software or web-browser plugins on end users’ machines.
- Convenient web-based UI that can be easily customized and embedded into any web-page as a document viewer widget. The UI allows end users to easily navigate large documents directly on your website.
- Ability to display documents in a read-only mode. GroupDocs.Viewer allows you to disable the print, download and text selection options to prevent users from unauthorized copying of your documents.
For more details on the add-ons and installation instructions, please refer to:
Back to top