Security Is First
From the ground up, GroupDocs.Annotation for Cloud has been built with security in mind to protect your valuable content when you work with documents online:
- Our cloud service is hosted using industry-leading Amazon EC2 infrastructure which provides state-of-the-art security and guarantees privacy of your documents. Read more about our servers' security.
- All document operations are made through encrypted SSL sessions.
- During collaborative annotation sessions your documents are not downloaded to users’ machines. Instead, reviewers can only see a web copy of the original file in their web-browsers.
- Thanks to the in-built Digital Rights Management (DRM) feature, you have complete control over which users have read-only access rights and who can annotate, download and export the shared documents.
- When sharing documents for review, you can protect them with watermarks and completely hide sensitive data with redactions.
Multiple File Formats Support
Portable Document Format: PDF
Microsoft Word: DOC, DOCX, DOCM, DOT, DOTX, DOTM
Microsoft Excel: XLS, XLS2003, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB, XML
Microsoft PowerPoint: PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX
Microsoft Visio: VSD, VDX, VSS, VSX, VST, VTX, VSDX, VDW
Microsoft Project: MPP, MPT
Microsoft Outlook: MSG, EML, EMLX
OpenDocument Formats: ODT, OTT, ODS, ODP
Rich Text Format: RTF
Plain Text File: TXT
Comma-Separated Values: CSV
HyperText Markup Language: HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML
XML Paper Specification: XPS
AutoCAD Drawing File Format: DXF, DWG (2004)
Image files: BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, TIF, TIFF
Electronic publication: EPUB
Windows Icon: ICO
GroupDocs.Annotation works across all web-enabled devices, be it a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone:
- Chrome for Android
- Firefox for Android
- Opera Mini
- Opera for Android
- Safari 5+
- Mobile Safari
A Robust Set of Annotation Tools
With a comprehensive set of 14+ annotation tools, it is easy to collaborate and get documents reviewed online:
Area annotation – add notes to an area highlighted with a rectangle
Point annotation – add notes to any point in the document
Typewriter – add sticky notes with rich text
Text annotation – add comments to selected text
Strikethrough/underline – highlight text with strikethroughs/underlines
Text replacement – highlight which text should be replaced with what
Text redaction – hide confidential text
Area redaction – hide confidential parts of an image or text
Polyline – draw freehand lines and shapes
Pointer/arrow – drop arrows pointing to an object
Watermark – create text-based watermark overlays
Ruler – measure the distance between any objects in a document
Undo/redo – cancel or reverse annotations placed on a document
Convenient User Interface
GroupDocs.Annotation’s interface is designed to make it easy to view, navigate and annotate large multi-page documents in a web-browser. It allows you to:
- Scroll or turn pages with the click of a button
- Jump straight to the specified page
- Preview and navigate pages with thumbnails
- Fit to width/height or zoom in/out of the document
- Search for text within a document using keywords
- Invite reviewers via email or direct URL and manage their access rights
- See the list of all added comments and markup
- Quickly jump between comments and markup within the document
- Share, download and print documents with added annotations
- Export annotated documents to PDF
There's no longer any need to email a document back and forth each time it gets updated. With GroupDocs.Annotation, you and your colleagues can annotate documents, share ideas and reply to each other's comments in real-time. This way the document can be reviewed much faster, as everyone gets instant feedback and approval on their suggestions.
More Tools for Online Collaboration
Do even more with the complete GroupDocs for Cloud suite, which includes the following tools:
GroupDocs.Signature: a secure electronic signature application that allows you to get documents signed faster without the need for printing, scanning, faxing and mailing.
GroupDocs.Assembly: turns your PDF and Microsoft Word templates into fillable online forms. This application allows you to assemble essential business documents on-the-fly by automatically incorporating data entered by users via online questionnaires into your existing PDF and Microsoft templates.
GroupDocs.Comparison: highlights differences between two versions of a document.
GroupDocs.Conversion: lets you convert between over 50 document and image file formats.
Flexible Integration Options
Our powerful API and flexible deployment options allow you to seamlessly integrate GroupDocs.Annotation to your own application, website, or 3rd party service. GroupDocs.Annotation works great with Content Management Systems (ECM, CMS) and cloud storage providers, allowing users to view, annotate, and securely share documents online, directly from within the application they already use.
Check out our existing plugins for popular CMSs and 3rd party cloud storage providers, or develop your own integrations using our RESTful API, .NET or Java libraries.